Thursday, March 30, 2017

Chosen Men: Military Skirmish Games in the Napoleonic Wars

Static Line Jay and I tried a new set of rules last night. Chosen Men by Osprey, written by Mark Latham. Jay picked up a couple of rule books at Adepticon and we gave it a shot last night.

It's a fast moving game and kills are kills and they come quick. Unit size is manageable and it is a skirmish game. No need for hundreds of models in march attack columns or firing lines. We played the game with right around 30 figures.

It was on the job training as we went through the rules, screwed some stuff up, figured some stuff out and overall it was a good time. I'm still a Sharp Practice fan, but this is a really nice, well written set of rules. My only issue with the rules is the same issue I have with other rules. No index, no page references and no Quick Reference Sheet. We spend alot of time thumbing through the rule book.

I did find a third party QRS on the internet that I will post over on the Static Line Gaming site in short order. I look forward to playing again in the near future!

Chosen Men QRS!

No comments:

Post a Comment